"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Monday, September 1, 2014

Oh Lagos.....

Hello, everyone!
   This is probably gonna be a short letter.
   Lagos is... interesting.
   This week was better than last. I´m being more positive. We have a few investigators, but Lagos is big. Really big. And it´s so hilly! Up and down hills all day. My calfs are getting a workout.
    But, I also experimented with food this week. I didn´t realize how bad of a cook I was until I got here. 
   I´m terrible! Since we went grocery shopping and i´m trying to eat other things than just pasta (because it´s super cheap at the grocery store), I attempted to make this tomato risotto type thing? Yeah, it was terrible. And I wasted a can of tomatoes. And since we have family nights with families sometimes, we make cookies or cakes and stuff. But cookies aren´t really that big of a thing here, and I can see why. Even though you use all the same ingredients and all the same things as back home, the cookies just don´t turn out... good. So i´m gonna stick to making cakes...
   Also, if anyone wants to send me recipes... I would actually really like that. Healthy, easy-to-make recipes...
   Lagos weather.
   Here´s the thing about Lagos weather.
   It´s perfect in the morning. Then, it gets RIDICULOUSLY hot (it doesn´t help that you´re walking around all over town in the sun either), and then at night, there´s a lot of wind and it´s really cold.
   It´s so bipolar.
   What else? We went to a subway in Portimao after our district meeting! But it didn´t taste the same :( 
   So yesterday, we were trying to ask an old lady for directions, and our conversation went kind of like this:
"Excuse me, can you tell us where this street is?"
"No, I go to an evangelical church!"
"No, we´re looking for this street____ on this side of town."
"Street? Of course there are streets in heaven! I belong to an evangelical church!"
(she was on a balcony, and we were trying to talk, but i think she thought we were yelling at her...)
"NO, Street ______ on this side of town!"
"THERE ARE STREETS IN HEAVEN!"
Sigh.
"Ok, have a nice night!"
   It was actually really funny.
   But, this week was also really well because we had some really good lessons! I´ve learned that even when your whole day has been a bust and no one wants to listen to you and you´re a little sad, the Lord ALWAYS finds a way to make you feel better! It´s such a miracle. Whether it´s a really great street contact, or a great lesson where the spirit is really strong, or even something small, it makes me so happy :)
   Hope everyone´s doing well!
Love,
Sister Mancuso


No comments:

Post a Comment