"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Monday, May 4, 2015

Traveling. So much traveling.

Hola!
How´s your week been?
   This week was AWESOME. Tiring, but awesome! We went to Lisboa on Monday night and on tuesday we didn´t get back home until 10:30!
  The weirdest thing happened on the train ride there! I ate a few digestive cookies and we had arepas for lunch beforehand. I have never ever ever ever ever had a problem with motion sickness, but that day, on the 3 and a half hour train ride to Lisbon, I got a really bad stomachache and started feeling nauseous. I ended up having to run to the bathroom and I puked my guts out 3 TIMES. I had no more food in my stomach and I was dry heaving! I tried to drink some water afterward and then I threw that up too!!! So that´s the story of my temporary motion sickness!
   We ended up staying the night in the old Benfica sister´s apartment and went to Conselho da missao (Mission counsel. Where all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders meet with President Fluckiger and receive training on how to help the other missionaries). It was so spiritual and it made missionary work so much more amazing! I´m so happy to be able to go to Lisbon again because I don´t think i´ll be going back after the next conselho da missao when they split up the mission! I´m pretty sure i´m staying in the Porto mission.
  And it´s also funny because 3 other sisters who came with me in the MTC are STL´s as well! I can´t believe how fast time has passed! I´m almost 10 months on my mission and it´s CRAZY.
  What else?
  On Friday, we went to Porto, and that´s always an adventure, mainly because of the metro and the train and that´s always fun... me and Sister Gutierrez gave some trainings and I got SUPER nervous! But it was fine and awesome and great! I met all of the Sisters we´re gonna be visiting in a few weeks and it was awesome!
   We´re teaching this amazing family from Mozambique (I might´ve already told you...) but they are so elect and they are reading the BOM and praying and they are thinking seriously about baptism, but still haven´t made up their minds. I think the mother knows it´s true, but the daughters are a little bit harder to convince... We´re praying, though. It´s so funny because they are teens and the 2 daughters remind me so much of me and Sarah and me! We taught them about temples and how families can be together forever through marriage in the temple! I LOVE TEMPLES! 
   One more miracle! It´s been raining like crazy this week. We were walking in the rain like we always do, and we were late for an appointment, and we were speedwalking, and I was PRAYING that a member would find us and give us a ride. A little bit later... A MEMBER FOUND US WHILE THEY WERE DRIVING AND GAVE US A RIDE! The Lord´s tender mercies are amazing!
  I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Mancuso

No comments:

Post a Comment