"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week Three: Down!

Dear Everyone,
Hello! Thank you all so much for emails, i love them! keep writing to me!
  What's new?
  OHOHOHOHOH If you're not mormon, we have something called Mormon messages, which is like short videos about something like being kind or about Jesus Christ, or just any other topic. And on Sundays, we're allowed to watch a bunch. So we were watching one about bullying, and then we went to a devotional. And guess who I saw at the devotional (at a devotional, EVERY SINGLE missionary is there. Hundreds. Like a whole huge gym full.)... The main actor in the Bullying mormon message! It was so cool and really funny cause our whole zone was freaking out. HE's going to the martial islands, so that was my fangirl moment of the week.
  Oh and during relief society on Sunday, I got to hear from Sheri Dew! She's super cool! She used to be a counselor in the General Relief Society presidency (that's like a huge deal). Her talk was amazing, of course, and I loved it.
  I'm going to audition for a solo for a musical number for a devotional or other reunion! They hold auditions every thursday, and I thought it would be something fun. I'm going to audition with "Come thou Fount of Every Blessing", if you haven't heard that hymn, it's beautiful and you should hear it!
  OH the other day ion the MTC cafeteria, I ran into an elder who used to serve in my ward! it was Elder Meza (he works there as an "investigator"). It's a good thing it was a quick conversation, because the elders in my zone (they are obsessed with doing this, it's so immature) like to quote PG. 33 in our Missionary Handbook, which is about not flirting with the opposite sex. But you don't understand, if they see ANY sister talking to an elder, they walk up to them, read from PG. 33, and it's super embarrassing.
  Spiritual thought of the week: PLEASE read Matthew 21 in the Bible. It is so beautiful! We read it in class the other day and then we read Acts 7 to show Peter's Transformation and it's so beautiful. Jesus said " Simon, Son of Jonas, Lovest thou me?" When He said that, he was referring to him as his name before he became one of Jesus's apostles. In Acts 7, He is once again Peter and they likened it kind of to us. Right now, at this point in my life, I'm no longer Victoria. I'm Sister Mancuso, and honestly, it's really hard, but I love being called that! I'm ready to change for the better and to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Portugal.
Love all of you!
-Sister Mancuso

Bullying video!
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/bullying-stop-it?lang=eng

MY FAVORITEST TALK EVER!!!!
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/the-first-great-commandment?lang=eng


No comments:

Post a Comment