"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Favorite Things.

AAAHHH!!!!!!!
  I only have two more weeks living in the country I've only ever lived in! But I know it'll all be fine and I'll be ok!
  What news do i have this week?
  Not that much.
I'm getting used to wearing skirts all day, everyday! Except today, of course. Which is pretty awesome...
  I auditioned last week to sing for a devotional! It was so nerve wracking because I had to sing in front of Sister Nally (the mission president's wife)! But she told me I made the "Yes" pile, although it doesn't guarantee I will sing. Which I guess i'm fine with because I would have to sing in front of over 1300 missionaries sooooo.....
  I'm still learning the portuguese and teaching more lessons in the language! I love it, even though i'm still learning it.
  Hmmmm.....
  Last night I got a package from my family, and I got a little bit sad, but still happy that i'm here (and that I have CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELSSSSSSS). Since I was a bit down, I did what any sane person who loves Musical Theater would do: I thought of my favorite things. I wrote it down, so I thought i'd share it with you:
-The Savior
-Brown paper packages
-Beautiful  Music
-Scriptures that speak to you
-Beautiful Temples
-The air after it rains
-Beautiful weather
-Good dreams
-Reaching goals
-Hand written letters
-P-Days
-And of course, my dog PJ.
  Making a list actually really made me feel better, and indeed, I don't feel so bad anymore!
  Btw, I actually messed up last week when talking about the bible chapters I read. It's ACTUALLY John 21 and Acts 3! Sooooo if anyone got confused, i'm really sorry!
  Spiritual though of the week: Today I read a talk by Dieter F. Uchdorf, and I got really uplifted. It helped me so much, and if anyone feels like they have a lack of hope, please read it! I will post a link at the bottom of this letter!
  Hope everyone has an amazing week! Love you all!!!!
Love,
Sister Mancuso

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/the-infinite-power-of-hope?lang=eng
 




No comments:

Post a Comment