"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

1 Week left in America!

HI, everyone!!!!
  I miss everyone and I hope everyone's doing great!
It's just been another week at the MTC. Nothing new except... I GOT MY VISA AND I'M TRAVELING TO PORTUGAL NEXT TUESDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and nervous! But it's all good 'cause I'm doing the Lord's work! I have a layover in LONDON... !!!!!! Hm, what else...
  I really miss having the convenience of google...
  I learned that the church is starting to send Sister Missionaries to Africa! Super cool! There are some sisters in a different Portuguese zone going to Cape Verde and Mozambique!
  Ohohohohohohoh I got picked to sing!!!!! I get to sing at the Senior Missionary zone conference! it'll be a small crowd, but i'm happy that i get to sing, at least! cause a lot of people audition, but there aren't too many opportunities to get picked...
  Oh, I got to skype a member in Portugal to teach a lesson! Her name was Raquel and she also served her mission in Portugal! It was super cool!
  I learned that Portugal doesn't have antiperspirant deodorant, soooooooo that'll be fun. I'm actually stocking up on anything I need that isn't good or the same over there, thanks to the bookstore on campus!!!! I heard makeup wasn't too good there either, so we'll see how that goes...
  So one of our teachers told us something interesting the other day. He said that there will come a time (with the language) that we are going to be speaking portuguese and since we're new at this, we're going to try to say something, but we won't know how to and hit a wall. and it will be frustrating. he said all this so that we will only speak portuguese in class. He said we could either hit the wall here or in Portugal. Since we only have a week there, one of the elders said "We're gonna get to Portugal sprinting, then trip and hit the wall head-first!" It was kinda funny, but very true. I feel kinda confident now, but when I get to Portugal, I might not feel that way since i'll be speaking it 24/7!
  I struggled a little bit last week trying to stay positive, but this week has really gotten better. I learned that it is SUPER important to stay positive and have hope! As a missionary, i'm held to a very high standard and sometimes, I will (not necessarily by my own fault) fall short. We are human. But Christ is there to make up the difference. He knows us and loves us and wants us to succeed! I am gaining a stronger testimony of how the scriptures help me and how I can come closer to Christ just by reading about him. That's why I love the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon truly IS another Testament of Jesus Christ, and both the Bible and Book of Mormon together create a complete truth of the teachings of the Savior and of God's love for us. I promise each and every one of you, that if you read the scriptures and pray to know if what you have read is true, you WILL receive an answer. I love this Gospel and I love all of you!!!!! keep on writing me and letting know how everything is!
  Love,
Sister Mancuso




   

No comments:

Post a Comment