"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Good news, bad news

Well, this week has been full of ups and downs.
Good news first or bad?
  Good: We had divisions this week with the Sister Training leaders and as usual, SO MANY MIRACLES. We met so many people interested in the gospel and we also had so many small miracles that day. It was amazing and a testimony that I really am doing the Lord´s work. We also had Zone conference and I got to sing AND play violin!
  Bad: One of our investigators died two days ago. His name was Daniel. He´d been in the hospital but we couldn´t visit him because it was too far away. He´s a fisherman and slipped and hit his head on a rock. He was in a coma and died within the week. It was such a shock. he had a baptismal date and was ready to start changing his life. We found out yesterday.
   Despite everything, I know I need to keep going. Missionary work isn´t easy, but it´s worth it. It really is astounding how much the Lord blesses us when we keep his commandments.
   Love everyone and hope everything is going good back home!
P.S. Here´s a picture of a Lagos sunrise.




Beautiful views of the sunrise in the marina.





me and sister Hirschi.


Group selfie.

3 comments:

  1. Hi sister Mancuso! first I want to say I'm really sorry about Daniel. I've been in your shoes and I really know how it feels.

    Also, I wanted to let you know but i read your blog every week and I'm probably not the only one even though I haven't seen any comments from anybody else but it's very easy to feel the spirit when I read them, especially because it reminds me so much of my mission. The pictures are awesome as well. Please keep it coming!

    Armando Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mancuso family. Our daughter, Terra, is in the MTC getting ready to go to Portugal on Nov 11. I just wanted to let you know about a facebook group for Portugal missionary parents that we're a part of. It's called Portugal Lisbon LDS Missionary Parents. Here's the URL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1527709810775691/

    We'd love for you to join us. If you know other parents that would like to join, spread the word!

    Bob Stocks

    ReplyDelete