"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Monday, March 16, 2015

Bye, Bye Coimbra, HELLO BRAGA!

Coimbra tem mais encanto na hora de despedida...
(Coimbra has more enchantment in the hour of goodbyes)
   IT´S SO TRUE! Those are the words from a Portuguese fado. Coimbra has a special place in my heart that I don´t think any other place will have. If I ever decide to live in any place in Portugal after my mission, it will be in Coimbra. Com certeza.
   I´M LIVING IN BRAGA NOW! AAAAHHHH!!! sister Baird (one of my comps) was always talking about Braga and I always wanted to serve there and then HERE I AM! I´m so excited! It´s the most north sister Area in Portugal! So now I can say that i´ve been in the most south AND in the most north! Braga is also a really old city with lots of history!
   Last P-day we went to the University of Coimbra again, but this time we paid to go inside (I am so happy I decided to bring my student ID to Portugal because I still get student Discounts!) and I went inside THE OLDEST LIBRARY IN THE WORLD!!!!!  It´s called the Joanine Library and it is AMAZING. I felt like Belle inside the beast´s library.
   Because that´s actually what it looks like. Look up pictures, it´s amazing.
   Then we walked into this giant hall that ACTUALLY looks like the great hall at Hogwarts and it. was. glorious. There´s tons of pictures of the ings of the first dynasty of Portugal and it was so cool! Then we walked into the king´s bedchamber and I randomly asked a question to this guy who was working there (he was a student) and he gave us a lot of cool history facts, and since he was really nice I decided to give him one our cards with Christ and our number on it. Apparently he didn´t get the fact that we were MISSIONARIES and he started texting us wanting to meet up. But we decided to use it as an opportunity to share the gospel with him!
   Oh, I also placed my name in the goblet of fire.
   I hope I don´t get picked...
   This week was so good, but so many new things! Mariana randomly moved to the elder´s area and I didn´t get to say goodbye to her before I left! So this week we also got the news that they are adding another comanionship of elders in our ward and because of that, we have to switch houses withthe elders, so all weekend we were cleaning and packing when we weren´t working... Sigh. Me and Sister McCall were really starting to grow our friendship and it was so much fun and we were totally sure that we would just keep on being comps. We also found out they were deciding to add a comanionship of sisters in the other ward in Coimbra, so we would have a 4 sister house. Sister McCall was sure that we would just split up and train and it would be amazing! but it was the will of the Lord to go to Braga. And I´m so excited!
   The weeks are also coming up before Easter! I am using this time to study more about the Savior. i ammaking a goal to read Jesus The Christ and it´s SO GOOD. I am growing my love for the Savior so much, especially by reading the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is LITERALLY the Word of God. It´s impossible for that book to not be true, mainly because of the experiences I´ve had and the way those words have touched my heart. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ and His ministry. I have been strengthened by this book. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible testify of each other and that they, together, give us a complete truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I invite all of you who have not read the Book Of Mormon yet to please read it! It has brought me so much happiness!
   I love all of you! Keep me updated!
Love,
Sister Mancuso



No comments:

Post a Comment