"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Monday, December 8, 2014

Portimao!!

Heyyyy family!
   How is everyone?
   I miss everyone so much! I have lots and lots AND LOTS of news!
   I GOT TRANSFERRED OUT OF LAGOS!!!!!!! Now i'm in Portimao, which is THE CITY RIGHT NEXT TO LAGOS. I mean, like, I come here every week for district meeting. And shopping. But now it's my new area! Sister Da Luz is going to Leiria, where I wanted to go, and she wanted to go here! It's just weird because out of all the places in Portugal I could go, I come half an hour away from my old area! I'm still in the same district and everything! The Elders in Lagos moved into our apartment so we had to DEEP CLEAN everything! I went to bed super late and got up super early. Not to mention my suitcases.
   MY SUITCASES. ARE. A. HEADACHE. now that I bought a blender and I have a yoga mat and a scale and the quilt and a blanket... Let's just say I had to use the extenders on all of my suitcases and use my backpack and carry stuff in my bag. AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH. And the elders helped us with our suitcases to the bus station and they said my suitcases were really heavy... So i've decided you don't have to send me my scarves and reindeer shirt. Really, like don't. I have way too much stuff already. And ANYTHING you buy there you can buy here. You can still send me the rest of the stuff, just don't send me any clothes... please...
   And Portimao has a senior couple!!!! The Stucki's! I'm actually at their house right now doing email. But I don't have my camera so I'll send pictures next week!
   Also, My new companion is Sister Baird, a sister Training leader!!!! I'm not gonna be, but she is, so that means she's a really good missionary!
   Last P-Day was really fun! We went to Ponte da Piedade again, but this time with our district. It was really fun!
   This week was really great. I felt like we got closer to some members and we got closer to our investigators and right when that happened, I had to leave! I love Lagos so much. I never thought I would say that because at first, I hated it.
   Funny story about the cupcakes, I made them and we went door-to-door in our apartment building hoping to give them to our neighbors, but no one was home! So we just ate some and gave the rest to the Elders. They liked them. Yeah, those cookie mixes would be nice!!!!
   I love the story of Elder Clarke! I told that to the Stucki's and another missionary here waiting for his comp, and Elder Stucki said that Elder Clarke is his best friend!!!! How funny is that! It's such a small world! BTW, I ALWAYS ask EVERYONE if they're reading the book of Mormon. EVERYONE. So don't worry :)
   Also, it's kinda funny, cause this week we got coupons for burger ranch (a hamburger joint) and we used them on saturday for lunch. While we were there, we got a call from the AP's and that's when we found out they were taking sisters out of Lagos.
   The main reason for all of that was because NO ONE could find an apartment for the elders, and our branch president really needs priesthood because we don't have anyone for callings, so that's mainly why. But everyone was heart-broken (because most everyone likes sisters better). Also, I'll be sharing an apartment with 2 other sisters in Portimao! I'm SO EXCITED!
   AH! I'm out of time! I love you all SSSSOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love,
Victoria





No comments:

Post a Comment