"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Greetings from Coimbra

Olá From my new area, Coimbra!
The only city in the world where you will see random students wearing Hogwarts robes. FUN FACT: JK Rowling got her inspiration to have the Hogwarts robes as uniforms from the University of Coimbra! So yes, there really are students with long robes at the grocery store and it´s pretty normal.
   And it´s awesome.
  My new house has a fireplace, so we put the tree and the stocking up and I use the doorknob hanger! Also, there´s been non-stop Josh Groban Christmas playing in the house. I also like to torture myself by playing "i´ll be home for Christmas" on replay.
   It´s great.
   My new area is huge! Coimbra is really big! But we have a BIG chapel in our area, and we also have a ward, so we´re in the Coimbra stake. We have a bunch of buildings, some main roads. But it´s a really nice area and the members like to help us out with missionary work! We also get fed a lot. It´s great! But also strange because my 2 areas haven´t been too good with missionary-member working together-ness, so i´m learning a lot here. We also have a great bishop!!! He´s so good that President Fluckiger says that he´s the best bishop in all of Portugal!
   Unfortunately, we have no investigators, so it´s almost like white-washing all over again. We´ve been doing a lot of street contacts this week, which means lots of walking. LOTS.
   ALSO, My new companion, Sister Donahoo. She´s like a mission prodigy. But I´M the one supposed to be doing her 2nd transfer training! She hasn´t spoken English since her 2nd day in Portugal. She speaks less english than me! It´s crazy! She´s super dedicated and she wants to be consecrated so bad, so since i´m her trainer I have to be the example, which has helped me to be the best missionary I can be. We´re exactly obedient! She is really great. Her last trainer was one of the best missionaries on the mission and i´m really nervous because i´m nowhere near as good as her. But, yeah, Sister Donahoo is so hard working and sometimes when I wanna give up, she´s like, ´come on, let´s hand out five more cards!´ She thinks i´m her trainer, but really...
   They´re not kidding when they call it greenie fire.
   Hope everyone has a great week before Christmas!
love,
Sister Mancuso




No comments:

Post a Comment