"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Monday, January 26, 2015

Miracles!

Hello everyone!
This week has been a week of MIRACLES! I don´t even know where to start. Remember those past few weeks where I was saying that my mission as of now has been ridiculously difficult for me?
  Well, we´ll start with Tuesday. We talked to this random lady on the street who started crying because she is having a lot of struggles in her life. She said we could come to her house and visit on Wednesday. Long story short, we had an opening on Tuesday, so we decided to stop by. We knocked the wrong doorbell, and she stuck her head out the window and let us in her door. We had an amazing lesson with her family, and it turns out her husband is a less-active member! He was baptized when he was young and then never returned to church. We talked to them and they are having a rough time. They are unemployed (for lots of reasons, he can´t work, and she´s looking but not finding anything), their 3 year old son has cancer, and they are literally rock bottom. Life has chewed them up and spit them out and they are truly humbled and ready to receive the gospel. It´s amazing how the Lord is preparing people to accept this gospel. We have been meeting with them everyday this week, and I can already see the change that is happening in them. Mariana is so open and accepts it because she realizes that we are representatives of Jesus Christ.
  She was our biggest miracle this week. And I know that the Lord prepared her to receive this gospel. This week has really reminded me of who I am on my mission. I am a representative of Jesus Christ, and as a missionary, I am here to help bring others unto Christ. I´, myself, am not very special. but the message I carry is. I have seen miracle after miracle after miracle, and I cannot deny that these things are true. I´m NOT here to drag people to be baptized. I can´t do that, nor do I want to. I am here to invite people to find out for themselves (not just for people to take my word for it) and ask God if these things are true or not. if there´s one thing I know, it´s that God doesn´t lie. If we ask Him with real intent, He will illuminate our path and show us the way. I have a firm testimony of that.
  I also had a bunch of other small miracles this week! We ran into this lady we contacted a couple of weeks ago, and she said ´well, I have a few minutes now, so let´s talk!´ And we did, and it was SUCH A SPIRITUAL LESSON! The Lord loves her so much! Another thing I´ve learned on my mission is that the Lord is hastening His work (aka spreading the gospel) as He sees fit, and there are so many people who are open and willing to accept it! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL AND I LOVE THE BLESSINGS THAT THE LORD IS GIVING ME! The Lord is literally waiting to bless us, we just have to go to Him. I know that is is Jesus Christ´s church restored here again on the earth! This gospel is for everyone and anyone! I invite you all to learn more!
  I love you all and hope you all are doing well!
P.S. I haven´t been getting enough letters from anyone... That needs to change...
Love,
Sister Mancuso


       

No comments:

Post a Comment