"And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my Gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men."

-D&C 24:12

Monday, January 26, 2015

The week of Portuguese countryside, British accents, and MIRACLES!

Hello!!!!
How is everyone?!?!
  My week was great!!! We visited one of our smaller areas this week called Condeixa. We are actually visiting teachers for this British lady in our ward, so we have to go to her house every now and then (which, btw, looks like something straight out of a magazine! It is so modern and in the middle of this tiny Portuguese village overlooking a bunch of olive trees and it´s GORGEOUS, Not to mention I got to listen to a really cool British accent for an hour).
  Last Tuesday I had my 5 month anniversary in Portugal!!! It was pretty cool. We ordered pizza to celebrate!
  We are still teaching the gypsy family I always talk about! Mariana´s faith is growing so much! She goes to church with us and she loves it and she is reading and praying everyday and she is already spreading the gospel to her sister-in-law! She is accepting everything openly and readily, and she is also making my faith grow. The members are also looking after her too! They gave her tons of food and invited her over for lunch and they love her! Coimbra 1 has AWESOME members! I love Coimbra!
  Also, school started again, so the Harry Potter robes are starting to pop up everywhere again... :)
  We have some solid investigators! One of them is this old man who is so open and receptive and he recognizes who we are and wants to be baptized! His name is Antonio! He is super cool and he came to Church on Sunday and loved it. He was a random street contact!
  The other investigator we have is this man who is the son of a member. His name is Bruno. He has had some really big problems in his life and he wants to change a lot. We are working with him and he says that he´s starting to feel the difference in his life already after a week. It´s these times that makes me love my mission! I love this work so much!
Love,
Sister Mancuso

No comments:

Post a Comment